For those who want to try out Promoter’s early Mac build (v0.9.2) that, at this time, does not support file migration, you can now go here and grab the latest versions as I finish them. The current binary I’ve posted is a 32-bit OS X build that I’ve tested on 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9:
Also, please hit me up on email, Twitter, comments here, etc. with any potential defects/bugs you encounter so I can start working on those fixes. If you do run into a problem, some of the following data can help identify what happened: the Promoter log file, the policy XML and the XML of the object that caused the failure. If you can’t provide that data, that’s ok, we can try and work through it.
There are two bugs I’ve already identified:
- Special characters like ‘/’ in object names are not being handled for the API requests and do cause POST failures.
- Trying to perform a POST on a JSS over HTTP when HTTPS is enabled seems to fail.
I can imagine there’s more out there I’ve not accounted for. Aside from issues, also feel free to place requests for new features/capabilities that you would like to see in future versions. I’m interested in hearing what people think of this tool. The Windows and Linux (targeting Ubuntu) builds will be available soon.